Friday, February 11, 2011

Where to start


So many developments! Where to begin?

Well Wolf Girl is basically done! I just completed the very last shot. Now all that is left is some touching up and the final sound mix. They are shooting the live action segments of the film in just a few days, I am so excited to see it all together! I'll make it known here as the film enters
the film festival circuit.



I will also be creating the artwork for a 22 page comic known as DJ Messiah which will be so much fun and such a great experience! The deadline is tight and I want to make it look crazy awesome so i'll have go a little insane but i'm excited regardless. I don't now how much I can truly say about it but it involves, obviously, DJ Messiahs as well as Heavy Metal Demons and music battles of epic proportions all wrapped into a post apocalyptic story. I am in the process of creating all of the character designs. More on that as it develops!

Another project that I am doing with a collection of friends and colleagues is Jasper & Smiley, an animated short based on a children's book for the iphone. It is coming along and I am loving working alongside friends.

Then there is the 35 seconds of animation I will be doing for another live-action short, this one being a comedy in the spirit of Kevin Smith films. It's called Crotchless and is about to start as my partner on the project completes the rough designs and backgrounds for me.

AND! There is more. I am also doing special effects for a 10 minute live action indie short which looks so awesome. It's called Feed A and is done in the same vein as Cloverfield, Paranormal Activity, & Quarantine. It has that shakey camera style and involves me doing some sweet gore & blood effects as well as muzzle flashes and bullet holes and crazy alien monster things!

So a storm of freelance is coming my way and i'm ready and willing to meet it. Excited for all these projects and plan to post updates along the way!

As for Memories, it has been accepted into the Garden State Film Festival!
The festival will run from March 31st to April 3rd at Asbury Park New Jersey
Memories will be shown on Saturday April 2nd at The Synaxis Restaraunt

Here are the details for my screening: http://www.gsff.org/synaxis-at-the-shore.php

And for the festival in general: http://www.gsff.org/index.php

I am not sure if I will be attending yet, but please let me know if you are going and I will make sure I make it! Hope to see you there.

Also recently put together my dad's website
Check it out here: http://tfkinc.com/

Annnd I am off early tomorrow morning to go to Ohio and from Ohio I will be going to Tennessee to stay with my girlfriend Amanda for an unspecified length of time. I may stay there till she finishes her semester in late April. I am bringing my cintiq and all my supplies so I can work my ass off while I am there wiith no distractions 'cept for herself and her stinky rat dog.

Here's the valentine's Day card I did for her:


Next update will be when I'm in Tennessee! :)

1 comment: